Sunday, August 3, 2008

Please check this out

So, I was all set to write this witty post about a birthday party we went to at Chuck E Cheese's on Friday. I was going to talk about how the crowd on Friday is more of a mouse eat mouse kind of place.

I'm a real comedian.

But then I sat down at the computer and started browsing and I ended up on Steven Curtis Chapman's website.

Now most of you probably know who Steven Curtis Chapman is. If not, he is a contemporary Christian Musician. You are probably also aware of the recent death of his little girl back in May. An unspeakable tradegy that is really impossible to put into words.

Maybe what you did not know is that Steven Curtis Chapman's assistant Jim, has a blog tht he writes for the family and in it he includes all sorts of information concerning concerts, events, updates as well as very personal and heartfelt posts.

I ended up reading a month's worth of his posts and was moved by the power of his words on behalf of the Chapman family.

I cried like a baby for an hour.

Then I got on my knees and prayed.
Prayed for the Chapman family.
Prayed for my own family.
Prayed for forgiveness for not being the mom I want to be for my kids earlier in the day, for being too short with them and where I didn't exactly show them God's love.

Lots of good stuff.

Anyway, if you get a chance, please check it out here.

Also, Good Morning America is doing a segment on the Chapman family this week, Wednesday, August 6. I think I read that it's supposed to be during the 8 o'clock hour. Finally, People magazine is also doing a piece on the Chapman family. It's supposed to be on newstands August 13th.

Please take a minute to pray for the Chapman family and check out the website.
Thanks,
Julie

3 comments:

Angie said...

I sure will. I became aware of their story on a prayer thread at an online forum that I frequent. Just devastating. Thanks for the heads-up on GMA. I want to see that.

Glad you came by for a visit.

Nice to meet you, Angie

Suzie said...

I dont wanna cry for an hour. I really dont. Poor poor family my heart goes out to them

Nyla said...

I had no idea! how awful! I will check out their blog. Thanks for sharing.