Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where do I even begin?






Whew! Where do I even begin? It is 1am and we got back to our hotel room about 15 minutes ago. We have been up and about since 9is this morning.
Here's the day in a recap and pictures
Breakfast of bagels and a little cafe. This was a must. When I lived in the Bronx for three years, I would eat a bagel almost every day. My oldest was born in Manhattan and he grew up on bagels. This one was for you son!
After breakfast my sister wanted to go by the Today show. Fun times there. And let me just say, I take back what I wrote about celebrity sightings because today we saw Tina Fey walk right past us as they were filming 3o Rock. I was so excited about it until I called up my husband to tell him and his response was, "Who's Tina Fey?"
We went shopping in Anthropologie and honestly this in and of itself deserves and entire post, but time is of the essence, so here's the bare essentials....Two, huge stories full of amazing things AND if that wasn't enough, a HUGE, HUGE room of sale items! Heaven I tell you, heaven!
On to Central Park and lunch at Tavern on the Green. Aren't those lanterns beautiful? We ate outside and the lanterns completely filled every branch.
As you can tell from the pictures we went to see Mamma Mia today, too. Three words...3rd row seats! Unbelievable! I laughed and sang and had a ball. By the time they did the encore we were dancing in the aisles. Tell me, can anyone sit through a live version of Dancing Queen? I didn't think so. By the way, the last picture is me sitting in my 3rd row seat wearing a new shirt I purchased at Anthropologie.
Moving on, as if all the stuff mentioned above wasn't enough, we spent the entire evening at the US open watching Lindsay Davenport win her match and then Andy Roddick completely destroyed his opponent.
What a day and what a night!
That's all for now. I have got to get to sleep. More tennis all day tomorrow.
Take care,
Julie
P.S. Can I just say Times Square is a bit more, how shall I put this, risque than I remember it being 6 years ago!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

What a great trip

D... said...

You saw Tina Fey? How awesome! Mamma Mia sounds like it was pretty awesome too. Dancing in the aisle? Too fun!

Love your pics AND your new shirt!