Thursday, July 31, 2008

So this giant mosquito walked into a ...

Sorry folks, that is all I have for a mosquito joke. It is evening and I've got nothing. So I asked my kids if they knew any mosquito jokes. My 3 year old said he did. It goes like this. "What does a mosquito do if you bite it?" he asked.
"I don't know." I said.
"Chop off your teeth!" he said and then laughed hysterically.

How he ever came up with chopping off your teeth, I'll never know.

My daughter who is 5 said, "What does a mosquito do if you take its buzz?" "What?" I asked. "Bite you!" she said, laughing just as hysterically as her brother.

Clearly, they get their unique sense of humor honestly.

To say the mosquitos are a problem here in South Texas is an understatement of gigantic proportions. Since Hurricane Dolly brought our area significant rains, we've been blessed (and I use that word with just a smidge of sarcasm) with lots of mosquitos.

I'm a little concerned to let my kids out in the backyard for fear they will be carried away by an angry horde of mosquitos, never to return home again. It reminds me of an episode I watched on Animal Planet where a bald eagle swooped into a tree and carried away an unsuspecting monkey to eat for dinner.

But I digress.

Today the kids were champions as we were out and about running errands for almost 6 hours. That is not entirely accurate. We did have lunch with the kids best friends (who happen to be brother and sister) and their mom who is a dear friend of mine. It was great to catch up with them since returning from vacation.

On a final note, we were able to get an amazing deal on an airplane ticket so my husband can go to our friends dad's funeral next week. My husband was going to go no matter what the cost, it's just that now I don't have to sell off any of my shoes to do so.

God is good.

Take care,
Julie

3 comments:

Kristin said...

aahh, kids and their jokes! we don't get micah's and jeremy's either : )
and the mosquitos here are just as bad! poor maggie has bites that have turned to giant welts all over her. i heard that putting listerine in a spray bottle and spraying an area helps. we have tried it and it seems to work.
p.s. sorry to hear about john's friend!

Kristen said...

We have the same problem in our part of Texas.

I'm like a madwoman with the bug spray.

We know someone who got West Nile, so I'm a bit paranoid!

Kristin said...

Does John have a place to stay? He'd be more than welcome to bunk here! We'd love to see him - Racine isn't too far from here then....Just an idea