Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Whew! Let's call this thing a wrap!

Well. It is official. We are home from vacation. There's nothing like a 1200 mile car trip on the way home from vacation to bring you back to reality.

Reality hurts.

I am so tired today. My head hurts just thinking about all the laundry I have to do.

Just for the record...all 66 stuffed animals made it home. The only casualty was my daughter's fleece blanket. But never fear, the wonderful hotel we stayed at in Oklahoma is mailing it to us.

Let me just put in a good word for Norman, Oklahoma. If ever there was a wholesome city in the U.S., it has got to be Norman, Oklahoma. Great, nice, helpful people. If it just wasn't so stinking hot there, it would be doable.

Now that I am home and no vacations are on the forseeable future, I am plunging completely into this blog. More new posts on a regular basis.

Take care,
Julie

5 comments:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hey Julie!

I know the pain of coming home from vacation..We got home Saturday and I've yet to get everything unpacked.

It's great to meet you ..thanks for coming by my blog!'

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Just found your blog....I remember traveling with tons of stuffed animals when my kids were young....good memories:)

Genny said...

Vacations are always fun, but the packing and unpacking isn't! LOL.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad you did so I could find your blog too. Have a great day!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

So not fun! Coming home is always a battle. Glad you made it back safely.

Kristin said...

Sorry you had to leave the great state of Iowa! Next time, come a few more miles to Wisconsin : )
Miss you friend and go take some advil!