Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Thoughts

Today's post is going to consist of an assortment of thoughts because, to be perfectly honest, I am tired.

Why might I be tired you ask? We spent the entire day with grandma and grandpa and the cousins at Chuck E. Cheese's, Build a Bear and just for extra kicks a playland.

ALL DAY.

Now, I can't seem to think. I just have the phrase, "Where a kid can be a kid." running through my mind.

Over and over.

It is funny because this morning I was reading in Proverbs during my devotions. Can I get an amen here, because one of the wonderful things about vacation has been getting to have daily devotions. In the morning. Uninterrupted. I was in Chapter 23 and verse 5 caught my attention. Here it is in the New International Version, "Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle."

Then we went to Chuck E. Cheeses and the Proverb wasn't lost on me as I watched my husband's wallet sprout wings and fly away to the token machine. Cast a glance, POOF, money gone. Just like that. Spent on tokens and cheap, plastic toys.

Isn't God great to give us such vivid pictures of the scriptures coming to life?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Why do cheap little toys excite kids so much? The same is true here and the toys end up in the garbage shortly after getting them.