Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"I AM"

Hey there!



It has been awhile. Somehow life just got a hold of me for the past week and would not let go. I am sure it is no coincidence I have been overwhelmed with "life" lately now that I am working on being intentional.



Anyone else feeling challenged by life lately?



I am so there. Worn out physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.



Sick kids, birthday parties, field trips, friends who have recently lost jobs, illness in the church, friends who have lost a parent, troubled economy, Texans recovering from hurricane Ike, upcoming election. I could go on and on. Heavy issues that drain.



It is tough times for everyone.



This is what I know though and I am placing my hope in this truth.



God is still God. He is on His throne and He is unchanging and unmoveable.



He is "I AM". I will sleep at night clinging to that truth.



Listen to this song by Nichole Nordeman. It is beautiful and I have been listening to it quite a bit recently. It's called, "I Am". Hope you enjoy it.



Let me know how you are doing lately.

Take care,

Julie

7 comments:

Tales From the Eurovan said...

Hey there! I have no idea what happened with this post and the spacing! I didn't do so many spaces!
Take care,
Julie

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Julie, my dear - I've been feeling the same way you have! I'm clinging to that truth, too - that God is "I AM" - it's what gets me thru each day.

Praying for you, sweetie - and for all the rest of us who are feeling the same way!

Debbie said...

Yes Julie. I think we are all feeling a little overwhelmed. My to-do list seems to grow exponentially every day. And the spacing thing - happens to me all the time! I had to cancel my whole post today and try to redo because the pictures messed the whole thing up. Frustrating!

Suzie said...

I am so overwelmed I dont sleep anymore. Glad to hear I am not alone

D... said...

Oh, Julie. Been there, done that, and the t-shirt still fits. Overwhelm has become my new name. Sigh. I am thankful that I have God to cling to and to show me my many blessings.

Anonymous said...

julie, praying for you - I know how overwhelming life can get!

I am not a huge shopper, but when we go Easton is the place...I love being able to walk outside. And I love the European phone booths- nice touch.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the movie!

Anonymous said...

looking forward to some more thoughts from julie:)