My friend at All That Naz has a monthly meme called "9 on the 9th". I have not always done the best job with this. One time I did, "almost 9 on the 9th" and another time I could not come up with 9 of anything.
Anyway, I am back and participating 100%. Since October is Breast Awareness Month I thought I would come up with 9 things you can do to help find a cure.
1. Get a mammogram. If you have a family history of breast cancer, go get one earlier than is recommended.
2. Do something to raise money for the cure. I did the Avon Walk but there are plenty of others, including Susan G Komen's race for the cure races. (http://www.komen.org/)
3. Give to a charitable cause that supports finding a cure. Susan G Komen's organization has raised millions for research as has the Breast Cancer Research Foundation .
4. Do a monthly self-exam. All the experts agree that early detection is very important.
5. Buy products that support the cure. These days the pink labels are everywhere.
6. Listen to a survivor tell their story.
7. Offer to help someone with breast cancer. Bring a meal, run an errand, clean their house, etc.
8. Wear a pink bracelet to show your support.
9. Talk to your health care provider about your questions, concerns and family history.
What about you all? Any others to add?
I got something in the mail just this week about World Pink and Estee Lauder's involvement in a breast cancer awareness campaign. You can find out about companies that support the cure by going to http://www.elcompanies.com/. Some companies listed on the brochure include: Aveda, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Origins and Prescriptives just to name a few.
If you get a chance, go check out my friend's blog Bubba's Sis click on her pink ribbon link.
Have a great day! You can go find more 9 on the 9th at: All That Naz.