Wednesday, October 15, 2008

He Always Keeps His Promises




Today as I was pulling into the parking lot at my kids school I was greeted with the rainbow you see in the pictures above.
Isn't it amazing?
What a reminder to me that God always keeps His promises, all of them and because of that I can trust Him 100%. His thoughts are not my thoughts. His timing is not my timing, but "God is not slow in keeping His promises, as some understand slowness.He is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."(2 Peter 3:9 NIV)
Sometimes He speaks to me in a still small voice. Other times He shouts out His love for me in big, bold ways. Maybe today, you like me, need to be reminded of Him in an unmistakeable way.
"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." (Psalm 145:13b)
Take care,
Julie

5 comments:

Suzie said...

I love rainbows

D... said...

It's the single most beautiful promise!

Anonymous said...

Wow- you got the whole thing! I can never get pics of rainbows! beautiful!!!

Ps...I did get to meet Amy GRant once at her house (like 3 years ago) and she was SO WONDERFUL. She opened the door in sweats and was so genuine and funny and gracious.. She got a lot of flack for her divorce and it made me sad because she's such an amazing person

Angela Nazworth said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful words, beautiful truth.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a beautiful reminder of God's love! That would've made my day!