Monday, February 23, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some

I guess I ended up be right about 50% last night with my Oscar predictions.
1. Best picture: Slumdog Millionaire
2. Best actor: Sean Penn (I thought Mickey Rourke would win)
3. Best actress: Kate Winslet
4. Best supporting actor: Heath Ledger (Anyone else choke back tears when his family accepted his award?)
5. Best supporting actress: Penelope Cruz (I wished I had paid better attention in Spanish class in High school. Maybe I could have understood what she was saying)
6. Best Director: I forget his name, but it was the director for "Slumdog Millionaire" and he jumped up and down like tigger in honor of his kids

Did you watch the Oscar's last night? What did you think? I enjoyed the evening. I felt like it went quickly, which is saying something considering it was 3 1/2 hours long. The stage was beautiful, the music and dance great and Hugh Jackman was perfect as the host.

Take care,
Julie

1 comment:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I didn't watch this year, which is odd because I normally don't miss them! In fact, I went into labor with Daughter just after watching the Oscars in 1994!

Sounds like I missed a good show last night.