A while ago I posted several parenting phenomenons and you all gave me some of your best parenting phenomenons. They were great. Well, the other day I was in the grocery with my youngest when I ran into my fitness instructor. He happens to own the gym as well. Let me give you some background. He's the one who kicked my butt for 4 months while I did his 5am boot camp two to three times a week in getting prepared for the 39 mile Avon walk for breast cancer I did back in April. He also led the evening boot camp I attended in May and the beach boot camp I did in June and July. Then August came and school started and I went on a trip to NYC and blah, blah, blah. The short of it is, I haven't been to any boot camps since July and I have not even stepped a foot into the gym since the end of July. To top it all off, the day I ran into him at the grocery I had not even showered yet, my hair was thrown into a pony tail and my four year old son was eating that dreaded food all personal trainers loathe...a chocolate iced doughnut. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow my entire pathetic self right then and there. He was kind and get a load of this, told me that since I had been such a faithful attendee for all those months I could do November's boot camp for free! I didn't know whether I should hug him or cry. But I am going to take advantage of the generous offer and drag my rear back to boot camp. Forget my pride, I will crawl back in for the free class. All that to lead me to my "phenomenons of life":
1. Why does it always seem like I run into somebody I know on the days when I haven't showered, my hair is a mess and my clothing choices are less than flattering?
2. Why do my best hair days occur when I am at home all day where no one but the dog sees me?
3. It never fails that on the days I get up early, shower and get dressed, the kids will sleep in later than ever.
4. How is it that I can come up with some of the most clever and witty writing when I have no pen, paper or computer around? For example, when I am in the shower and by the time I get out of the shower, poof, the thought is gone.
5. Why do men lose weight so much faster than women? All they practically have to do to lose weight is just decide to lose weight. It is so unfair.
6. Why do tele marketers use a local number when calling to leave some crazy pre recorded message, as if they know I will answer the phone if I see a local number on the caller ID?