Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sometime

I talk about a whole host of things on my blog (when I'm blogging which may not be too regular!) ranging in topic from my husband to my kids to trips and where we live. I talk about being a Christian and that I love God. I just want it to be clear, in case it hasn't been, about what I believe and I wanted to commit it to paper.

I believe in God and that He created the world.
I believe He sent His son Jesus, born from the virgin Mary, into the world to save us.
I believe Jesus lived and breathed and walked this earth and led a perfect life. I believe He died on a cross and then rose again 3 days later. I believe He is the savior of the world, not just a good or great man. I believe He is the only way to receive Salvation.
I believe in Heaven and Hell.
I believe that Salvation is the act of repenting and believing and accepting God's son.
I believe the Bible is God's holy word. And I believe it to be truth.
I believe that Jesus will return some day, sometime and gather those to Him who have believed in Him.
I believe that the Holy Spirit lives in believers even though I don't understand exactly how that works, or how the trinity works for that matter. But it doesn't make me believe any less.
I believe I am forgiven.
I believe I am to tell others.


I don't know what you believe or where you are in your life. I don't know what you think will happen to you when you die. But I want you to know as simply as possible that there is a God and He loves you. Your life is worth living.

Take care,
Julie

2 comments:

Emmy said...

That's beautiful, Julie. :)

Kristin said...

great julie - we all need to shout it - or write it - from the rooftops.